Thursday, September 01, 2011

To be continued.

So it was brought to my attention, by a new reader of The Alchemist, that a certain long-running plotline was never resolved.  Namely, “whatever happened to the VGLM???”

 

He got married about two weeks ago. 

 

After obsessing over him for far too long, getting over him and becoming fairly good friends with him, I kind of lost touch with him my last year in Toronto.  We had evolved into a weird mentor-mentee kind of relationship, since he’s one of the few people I know that spent nearly as long in grad school as I did.  Some of us have to take longer so that we can participate in outside activities that keep us sane.  He’s not a prolific Facebooker, and that last year I had moved on to a teaching position, meaning I had moved out of the lab space I shared with him.

 

So a little while after I moved, I found out via Facebook that he was engaged.  <sad face>

And she appears to be lovely.  <sadder face>

And they seem to be starting a lovely life together.  <slow tear>

And according to her profile pic on Facebook, they both looked stunning at the wedding.  I do find it slightly disturbing that, in the pic she chose to use, she looks gorgeous…and they’re both smiling…and they’re not actually looking at each other.

 

But to each their own.

 

I prefer the pic I took of two other good friends at their wedding last weekend, where they couldn’t take their eyes off of each other during their first dance as they sang to each other quietly.  But whatevs.

 

In other news: The cinderblocks were removed the day after I complained.  Also, the Bitch Downstairs with the Baby has moved out.  Hopefully my new downstairs neighbors will have less of a fondness for extremely loud bass on Sunday mornings, and for storing dirty diapers within noseshot of my deck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

closure at last...