Monday, October 29, 2007

The Terrible Trivium

Your Random Act of Trivia (tm) of the day, courtesy of mental_floss:

Q: What classic rock hit was inspired by a scene in the Mel Brooks film Young Frankenstein?

A: Aerosmith’s “Walk This Way.” Steven Tyler revealed that the band saw the film late one evening after a recording session for the Toys in the Attic album. He was inspired by a gag scene where Igor prompts Dr. Frankenstein to “walk this way” and then shuffles along (which the doctor mimics). Tyler liked the phrase, and he and Joe Perry used it as the title of what became one of the band’s best-known songs.


That is just bloody well brilliant. If you haven't seen Young Frankenstein, I'm not sure I can talk to you anymore.

This makes me happier than it has any right to.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does this mean I'm off the list? I could lie and say I've seen it, but I don't think you'd believe me.

Wahooty said...

Well, to be honest, we rarely talk these days anyway...and no, I wouldn't believe you. :) But seriously, man, you need to do something about that.

MadMup said...

That's just about the awesomest thing I've ever heard! Hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Isn't "Walk this Way" the really dirty song madmup sang karaoke? It is an awesome tidbit of information to have...

MadMup said...

Hey, now - no need to be getting all personal-like up in here!

emily said...

As Tom was driving home from the theatre last night, he saw someone projecting Young Frankenstein onto their white garage door. I totally want to do that next year.