Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Bananarama

Hello loyal readers...it's been a while, but I have many good excuses, most of which boil down to my having had a lot of work to do lately AND a social life, which doesn't leave much time for blogging. But I had to write tonight - it's kind of an emergency. You see, I heard a rumor today, and I don't know quite what to make of it.

Remember Pepe le Pew? Smarmy French dude who works in another lab on my floor? Well, one of my labmates went to a gathering of francophones/francophiles this weekend, and she and her roommate were teasing PLP, trying to find out who he was interested in. By way of changing the subject, he asked Labmate if I liked a certain labmate of his...namely, the VGLM. You know, that guy that I keep thinking my crush on is finally subsiding, only to find I'm still slightly obsessed with him. Labmate played it off nicely, but apparently PLP said something about how he thought the VGLM had liked me a while ago, but then he liked some other girl, but said other girl has now left town. So basically, the VGLM may or may not have kinda liked me at some point in the past.

What, exactly, am I supposed to do with this information???

I mean, it sucks when someone you have a crush on doesn't notice you, but I do believe it sucks more when they DID notice you, but promptly LOST interest when someone younger/thinner/prettier/taller came along. And the whole thing is just so damned 7th grade...now I inexplicably find myself thinking things like, "does he still like me? And does he like me like me, or just like me?" Since I seem to have regressed to the age of 12, what say I just go with it? How long exactly do I have to wait before leaving him a note that says, "Do you want to go out with me? Circle yes or no."

Meh, it's a moot point for several reasons: 1) I don't consider PLP a very reliable source 2) especially not when filtered through Labmate, 3) even if he DID like me, liking someone else better in the meantime means the odds of him wanting to go out with me now are slim to none, 4) there is no number 4, 5) if it turns out he DOES like me and we end up dating, he will eventually read this blog and dump me for being a stalker or at the very least an obsessive loser, because 6) I still believe he is 100% out of my league and 7) oh, hell, I could go on and on all night here. My point, dear readers, is this: if you like someone, just ask them out. And if you don't, please have the decency to stop being so damned adorable and/or charming around them.

No comments: