Tuesday, August 28, 2007

I believe you can get me through the night.

Aaaaaand...we're back.

I think I'm going to save up all of my summer travel adventures and write about them in a wee series after summer unofficially ends this weekend. After it rained all over my "camping" trip, the patio weather has returned in full force this week, and I'd rather spend my time taking advantage of it than typing in a basement. It seems it won't hurt you guys to wait just a bit longer to hear what I've been up to. :)

But I had a dream yesterday morning that I felt I should share with you.

As I've said before, I rarely remember much of my dreams, so this won't take long.

I dreamed that I ran into the VGLM. I hadn't seen him at work in a while, and ran into him in some mall. He was sporting a serious lumberjack beard, and as I understood it he had quit grad school and was now working at this mall. I could tell he wasn't happy about his general lot in life, and we had a conversation much like the one we had had back when he got the "priorities" talk from his boss. He said, "Yeah, I need to either start something new, or fall in love."

I can't figure out if that statement is kinda profound, or kinda idiotic, but it has stuck with me.

I don't really know what any of this means, other than that my subconscious has clearly not gotten the "quit while I'm ahead" message and is, instead, putting my own thoughts into the hallucinated mouths of people that I'd really prefer to stop thinking about. However, I do now know what it feels like when your heart skips a beat in your sleep.

Actually, it was more like my heart stopping and dropping right into the pit of my stomach. Yep...stop, drop, and roll, kids.

That was when I jolted awake. When I drifted back to sleep, I had one more little dream fragment. I was sitting at a long table, across from three men: the VGLM, the New Hotness (haven't told you guys about him yet because I don't know if he has true crush potential or is just pretty to look at), and a new friend who I don't even know well enough to know if I find him attractive yet. And I was just sitting there, looking at them, like a director trying to cast the role of "#1 Crush."

That dream has been haunting me for two days now, or at least the first part has. I do agree with my subconscious that, in order to get past the old crush, I need to find a new one. And it's gonna have to be good. So if anyone out there would like to apply for the position, we will be holding auditions, in my REM cycle, sometime around 5am. Please bring a headshot and resume, along with a monologue and song if you've got it.

Don't call us - we'll call you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Monologue and/or song? Would you settle for some ranting and a whistle?

Wahooty said...

Since you seem to be the only applicant thus far, we'll take what we can get.