Thursday, April 26, 2007

Alchemy Miscellaneum

Okay, just a few random items/observations for you today:

1. God bless the folks at mental_floss for tipping me off to this. It's from A Concert For Life, the tribute concert/AIDS benefit held in honor of Freddie Mercury in 1992. It's the only time David Bowie ever performed "Under Pressure" live with Queen. Granted, it's not the same with Annie Lennox singing Freddie's part (not BAD, persay, just not the same), but when the audience starts singing it for her, I swear I almost started to tear up.



2. As of today, I am officially registered to start tap classes next week. I bought the shoes on ebay and am hoping they get here in time for my first class on Monday. I am WAY excited, but also slightly terrified. What if the other kids don't like me?

3. This morning, a rather...shall we say...fragrant? gentleman sat next to me on the subway. I can't really describe the odor, but it's one I became all-too-familiar with while working as a camp counselor for adults with severe mental retardation. It's not the smell of someone who does not wear deodorant, or the smell of someone whose diet consists of large quantities of unfamiliar spices and/or aromatics (both odors observed with some regularity on public transit)...it's the smell of someone who can not, or perhaps WILL not, bathe oneself properly. It's unpleasant, even if you're not already suffering from an upset stomach, as I was this morning. And, since my sinuses have done me the favor of trapping some of it for later use, it's been coming back to haunt me ever since. Things like this never happen to Carrie Bradshaw.

No comments: