Friday, April 27, 2007

The Sound of One Hand Clapping

In the tradition of, "If a tree falls in the forest, and there is no one around to hear it, does it make a sound?" I present the following question:

If I send essentially the same goodnight IM to a gay man and a straight man, which one responds first?

Did I mention the gay man has ADD?
And that I know for a fact that the straight man thinks I'm wicked hot?

Yet for some reason, the gay man responds instantly, and sweetly. The straight man...(crickets)...

This...THIS is why women like gay men.
They may not be attracted to us, but yet somehow they manage to PAY ATTENTION.

(rolling eyes)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Straight guy that thinks you're wicked hot is trying to come up with a message that doesn't sound cheesy and/or too forward and/or plain.
Speaking as a straight man he probably typed out a message, erased it, changed it, erased that one... The whole time talking out loud and wondering how it will be interpreted.
Being sweet is tough sometimes, especially when the person on the other side is wicked hot and you don't want to sound lame.

Wahooty said...

Nope...sorry...no dice. Straight Guy and I have been close friends for nearly 15 years at this point, so he knows how to say goodnight without having to worry about sounding lame. He also has a long history of taking me for granted. He just couldn't be bothered. So it goes.

If I ever decide to write about SG, it'll have to be one hell of an entry.

Anonymous said...

Alright, now with this information I have nothing.
Have a good d...(erase), take car...(erase), talk to yo...(erase), bye.;)