Wednesday, September 05, 2007

It's a question of obsession.

Someone is seriously messing with me today.

It was raining this morning when I was getting ready, so there was absolutely no point in trying to do anything with my hair, as any effort would be promptly undone by the humidity well before I even arrived at work. On a normal day I wouldn't care, but it just so happens that I'm supposed to be meeting someone for a movie after work. I don't know yet if said person has crush potential - there's enough that I actually thought about what to wear today, but not enough to wash my hair or shave my legs or anything - but I do actually care about looking cute until a verdict is rendered. And, while I left the house looking decent, I arrived at work looking...well...I believe the word I'm looking for is "asstastic."

After an emergency touch-up session involving the bathroom sink and squatting under the motion-sensitive hand dryer, I was feeling a little better. My hair is still up in a clip because I can't do a damned thing with it, but at least the bangs have lost their Farrah Fawcett/poodle quality. But now, for some reason, the VGLM has walked by my desk a few times today - something he almost never does anymore. I passed him twice in the hall, and both times there was quality eye contact/friendly smile action - something else that has been dwindling lately. It's as if he knows I'm in the market for a new #1 crush and is trying to make it as difficult as possible for me to make the transition.

Oh, and the New Hotness has also wandered by once or twice, after not being around at all last week.

So, to sum up, my hair looks stupid, I'm retaining water like a mofo, and the bad eating habits I've gotten into due to vacations and entertaining have left me...well...I believe the word I'm looking for is "gassy." Why do boys have to be paying attention to me today???

At the rate I'm going, Matt Damon should be stopping by any minute now...probably at the exact moment that one of my labmates decides to give me an atomic wedgie.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The boys sense a change, hence the *random* walkbys. Normally I would advise to use it for 'good' but why not screw with them a bit?
I'm sure you looked great today, regardless of how you felt.

Dave said...

Should I just cut-and-paste your comment to me here?

And honey, you know you're always workin it, no matter what you think

Wahooty said...

{reels in those compliments}
{casts her line again}