Thursday, July 05, 2007

Daily Horoscope for Scorpio:
Horoscope information is currently not available. Please try again later.

Nothing like starting your day by being told you have no future. I knew I should have stayed in bed.

Then there's this.

A couple of things need to be said:
1. That headline pretty much sums up the universal truths of the 4th of July.
2. It saddens me greatly to know that watching the fireworks on the Mall now requires 19 security checkpoints. I'm glad I know what that experience was like pre-9/11, because it'll never be the same way again.
3. This passage: "About 1,000 people from around the globe became U.S. citizens at Walt Disney World, raising their right hands in front of Cinderella's castle at the Magic Kingdom as the oath was read by Emilio Gonzalez, head of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services." It just don't get more American than that, folks.
4. There is no #4.

No comments: