Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Huh huh...That's what he said...

...Much as I would LOVE it if my blogger profile read "69 posts" forever, I have a couple more pics to share with you guys. More exist, but these are the least incriminating.

If you tilt your head and squint, you can kind of see the interesting parts of my dress in this shot. There are a total of 8 straps criss-crossing my back there, and I LOVE the hem, even though it looks better from the front. My shoes are also fabulous, but you REALLY can't tell in the picture. Suffice it to say, the mileage I covered that night in those 3 1/2-inch heels SHOULD have left me completely immobile the next day. Steve Madden is a god.

Please ignore the poor posture. It was cold and I was rather intoxicated. Snuggling up to your date enough to keep warm without making him uncomfortable is a highly underrated skill. Not one I'm entirely convinced I possess, but he was equally intoxicated, so it's all good.

By the way, to those of you who are currently judging him for not giving me his coat: he offered. I declined.

I did, however, steal it from him an hour or two later.

And I feel the need to include this one as well, just because I think it's adorable:
That's BNL's girlfriend. We love her - she's a doll.

Okay, I believe I am officially done being all annoying and girly. I promise to post something more bitchy and/or butchy soon. But maybe not right away...I've been watching WAY too much Sex and the City lately, and the weather has been rather warm, so I find myself wanting to wear skirts and heels and be all ladylike and shit.

What?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The funny thing is as soon as I saw the picture, I said 'What are you doing? Give her your jacket.' I guess I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions.
The hem is very nice. It looks to be a diagonal cut, below left knee to right ankle. The colours are terrific on you.

emily said...

firstly, you are one hot m-f'ing lady. that's right, i sort of used those words. but you are. you are all that AND a bag of chips. or a bag of chile queso cheez its. mmm...

secondly, i'm really glad you had a good time! awesome dress! and rock on steve madden! and rock on red wine! though lately, in my old age, i'm finding that the red wine leaves me a harsher hang over than the white.

thirdly, and most importantly, you know it's okay to be girly. you know that. i wore my 3 inch pink heels tonight out to...my dining room.

fourthly, there is no fourthly.

fifthly, who knew that all these numbers and "ly" were acceptable to the spell check? "okay" is apparently not, however.

sixthly, speaking of spelling, we went to see the putnam spelling bee show last week. it was awesome. and then tonight, we totally watched last year's spelling bee on espn 2. and i got all tense and involved. who knew?

seventhly, (oh, finally, spell check! we find a number you can't add "ly" too!) i'm only writing this much because you said i should. ;-) and because no one who reads your blog (excepting the other beth and, assumedly, our beloved dave (to whom i owe a phone call)) know me. love you, bethy!

oh, i made bacon wrapped scallops with spinach tonight. totally glorious. i decided to do a chipotle and cumin rub on the scallops, and they turned out pretty darn nice. wait, what were we talking about again?...

Anonymous said...

Well, to follow suit...

Firstly, I've gotta agree with everyone else here Beth... you look absolutely stunning... :)

Secondly, in response to Em's seventhly, you can add me to the list of people who know you and reads Beth's blog (and yours too for that matter... at least the ones I've stumbled upon...). Not that that should have any effect on the length of your comments... :)

Thirdly, gotta say it again... damn girl... damn... :)

Wahooty said...

Ian: Yes, I knew that you would be thinking that...instead of writing "to those of you" I should have just written, "Ian..." :) In all seriousness, he was the consummate gentleman in every way - you would have been proud.

Em: You are now the Official Drunken Commentator of The Alchemist (tm). Your rambling comments make me oh so happy. And yes, as far as I know, the only people reading this who actually know you are #1, Dave, and Will. If anyone else has a problem with your comments, let me paraphrase Dave and say it's my blog, and I can do with it what I want - if you don't like it, stop reading and write your own. ;)

Will: Yeah, you know you want to get with this....wait...you already have. ;)

Anonymous said...

hehehe... yup, been there, done that, still have the commemorative t-shirt... ;)

...'course, that has no bearing on my original assessment... stone cold foxy... :)


OH! Completely off topic (and actually more in reply to a comment in another post), I had no IDEA there was an Evil Dead musical! Thanks for the tip off... I must admit, I had to go out to iTunes more or less immediately after reading that and snag the soundtrack... :)

ok, back to work...