Wednesday, May 23, 2007

On a scale of 1 to 10...Round 2

So the other section was less interesting, but there were some highlights:

Talk too fast: 5
Enthusiasm = good: 6
SO HOT!: 1
You like me. RIGHT NOW, YOU LIKE ME!: 11, if we're including aforementioned enthusiasm = good folk
Yeah, well, I didn't like you either: 2
Phone numbers to call to discuss ranting evaluation: 1
Rhyming couplets consisting of one compliment for me and one insult for my colleague: 1
Incessant test whining: there is no incessant test whining. Okay, there's actually quite a lot of that, but if a student whines in an evaluation and no one cares to read it, does it make the tests easier?
Marriage proposals involving extended chemistry puns: 1

Yep, that last one takes the Tina Fey award for most entertaining evaluation. In its entirety:
"M., WILL YOU MARRY ME?
YOU'RE SO ELECTRONEGATIVE. I am not...
deltaE > 2
We can form a STRONG ionic bond!"

Oh, Cyrano de Einstein...if only that read deltaEN, we might have had a chance...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I finally got the Tina Fey thing, had to google it. Give me a break, the last show I watched was the ATeam in the 80's and only once. Tina has nothing on you!
I then googled the deltaeN. My brain hurts! Computer one side, Oxford dictionary on the other. I need a nap.

Wahooty said...

Dude, you have to watch her Weekend Updates to really understand the Tina Fey thing. But I think the comparison really only came about because of the glasses. :)

And if you Google "deltaEN" I have no idea what you would come up with. I had to spell it out because I don't know how to get a greek letter into blogger. It stands for "difference in electronegativity." I'm sure that didn't help with the brain melting, but at least your Googling should be easier. :)